Are there water charges for non-domestic / commercial water customers?
Yes - charges do apply for non-domestic water services. Following on from the Water Services Pricing Policy issued by the Department of the Environment, Heritage and Local Government all non-domestic consumers of water are to be charged by Local Authorities for water and wastewater services.
Note: Galway City Council is acting as an agent of Irish Water in relation to the invoicing and collection of payments for the services provided by Irish Water. Irish Water is the Water Services Authority .
This is in accordance with EU requirements and the "Polluter Pays Policy". There are no exceptions to this policy.
The policy ensures that non-domestic consumers will enjoy the benefit of a fair and equitable charging system, in that they will only pay for water that they use.
The charge will only relate to the non-domestic sector and it is also expected that the metering project will encourage water conservation and so reduce the cost of water provision.
In order to comply with the above legislation Veolia Water Consortium has been appointed as a Private Service Provider for the Galway City Non Domestic Water Metering Project .
Tel: 091 767570
How are commercial water charges calculated?
Where practicable Veolia Water Consortium install water meters which records water usage.
Invoices, based on meter readings, will be issued every quarter to non-domestic water service customers.
What are the non-domestic / commercial water charges for 2014?
Non-domestic water service invoices include a charge for the rental of the meter (based on meter size) and the volume of water supplied (based on cubic metre used).
Water Charges 2014
Water Only Charges
€ 1.10 per cubic metre
Waste Water Only Charges
€ 1.00 per cubic metre
Water and Waste Water Services - Consolidated Charge and Meter Rent
General Supply: €2.10 per cubic metre
Meter size ≤ 25mm €7 per quarter
Internal Installation ≤ 25mm €9 per quarter
25mm < Meter size ≤ 40mm €47 per quarter
40mm < Meter size ≤ 100mm €100 per quarter
Meter size > 100mm €160 per quarter
What methods of payments are available for paying non-domestic / commercial water charges?
Paying Water and Wastewater Charges
Veolia Galway City have been appointed by Galway City Council to operate and maintain the billing service for water charges.
Bills for metered water charges are issued every quarter.
The Water Services Bill can be paid:
- At any bank branch by using the giro slip attached to the bill
- By calling directly to the Veolia Office at the address on your bill.
- By cheque, cash, credit or laser card
- By posting payment to the Veolia Office at the address on your bill making the cheque payable to Veolia Galway City.
- By telephone on 091 767570 payment (using credit card)
- All cheques must be made payable to "Veolia Galway City" NOT to Galway City Council
- Veolia Water will not have the facility to receive payment for any services other than Water Charges
- Note: Galway City Council is acting as an agent of Irish Water in relation to the invoicing and collection of payments for the services provided by Irish Water. Irish Water is the Water Services Authority.
- Traffic, Transport & Parking
- Environment, Litter & Waste
- Recreation & Leisure
Useful links - Business
- Economic Development Unit
- Budgets & Financials
- Commercial Rates
- Commercial Rates & Landlords
- Green Business
- Local Economic and Community Plan
- Local Property Tax
- Making Payments
- Receiving Payment
- Supplier of Goods/Services
- Property Entry Levy
- Community & Culture
- Your Council
Useful links - Your Council
- Access to Information on Environment
- Register of Electors
- Contact Us
- Council Meetings
- Customer Service
- Ethics and Declaration of Interest
- Mayor of Galway City
- Council Members
- Groups and Committees
- Higher Education Grants
- Freedom of Information
- Management Team
- Town Twinnings
- Report It
- Reuse of Public Sector Information
- FOI Publication Scheme
- Human Resources