What is the Joint Policing Committee?
The purpose of the Joint Policing Committee is to provide a forum where matters that affect policing in Galway can be discussed.
Members of the Central Area Joint Policing Sub-Committee
Members of your Joint Policing Sub-Committee include:
- Galway City Council
- Senior members of An Garda Síochána
- Your elected members of Oireachtas na hÉireann (TDs and Senators)
- Local community representatives
Meetings usually take place four times each year.
What are the revised Guidelines for the operation of Joint Policing Committees?
Arising from the review process and taking into account the establishment of new local government arrangements, revised guidelines for the operation of JPCs were approved by the Minister in August 2014.
The guidelines are presented in three formats – a summary of the revision made to the previous (2008) guidelines, a consolidated version showing changes from the previous guidelines and a complete version of the revised text.
Where can I find the Agendas for the Joint Policing Committee Meetings?
Agendas are uploaded on this site under:
- Traffic, Transport & Parking
- Environment, Litter & Waste
- Recreation & Leisure
Useful links - Business
- Economic Development Unit
- Budgets & Financials
- Commercial Rates
- Commercial Rates & Landlords
- Green Business
- Local Economic and Community Plan
- Local Property Tax
- Making Payments
- Receiving Payment
- Supplier of Goods/Services
- Property Entry Levy
- Community & Culture
- Your Council
Useful links - Your Council
- Access to Information on Environment
- Register of Electors
- Contact Us
- Council Meetings
- Customer Service
- Ethics and Declaration of Interest
- Mayor of Galway City
- Council Members
- Groups and Committees
- Higher Education Grants
- Freedom of Information
- Management Team
- Town Twinnings
- Report It
- Reuse of Public Sector Information
- FOI Publication Scheme
- Human Resources