I wish to make a payment to Galway City Council - what are my payment options?
The following can be paid online:
Commercial Water & Waste Water Charges
Payment of Commercial Water Charges are made directly to Veoila Galway City and not to Galway City Council.
View 'How do I pay my Commercial Water and Wastewater Charges Invoice?' for further information on how to pay.
Commercial Rates can be paid in the following ways:
- Direct Debit/Standing Order: Please complete the Direct Debit form and return to Galway City Council, or alternatively complete a Standing Order form and send to your bank directly.
- Cash: To pay by cash you must call in person to the cash office in City Hall. (Note: do not send cash by post.)
All Other Payments
You can make payments to Galway City Council in 5 different ways.
You can send:
- Bank Draft
- Postal Order
Made payable to Galway City Council, correctly dated and signed.
Do not send cash in the post.
When paying by post you should include your customer reference number or fine number and detail what bill you are paying.
Your Name and Address and contact number or email address should also be included for follow up queries.
2. In Person:
You can call into the Cash Office in person.
The Cash Office is located on the Ground Floor in City Hall.
Opening hours are:
Mon - Fri 9.00am - 4.00pm
The Cash Office can receipt all payments except Commercial Water Charges.
You can pay your bills/invoices by using any of the following payment types:
- Postal Order
- Bank Draft
- Credit Card (including American Express)
- Laser Card
You can make a payment to Galway City Council by Credit or Laser card over the phone (including American Express).
Refuse or Housing Loan Payments 091 536439 Removal of Bulky Goods 091 536595 Traffic Fines 091 536400
Phone lines open: Mon - Fri, 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
You should have your relevant customer ID, account number or fine number available to you when making your payment.
4. By Instalments:
You can arrange to make certain payments by instalments, by prior arrangement with the individual sections
5. By Bank Giro:
If you receive an invoice from the City Council and it has a Bank Giro attached you can pay this bill at any Bank or Post Office.
Where can I enquire about Commercial Water and Wastewater Charges?
Veolia Galway City have been appointed by Galway City Council to operate and maintain the billing service for Non Domestic Water Charges. Invoices for metered water charges are issued every quarter.
The correspondence address is:
Veolia Water Ireland, Harris House, Tuam Road, Galway.
The contact details are as follows:
Lo-Call: 1890 836542
Tel: 091 767570
Fax: 091 767576
How do I pay my Commercial Water and Wastewater Charges Invoice?
Invoices can be paid:
- At any Bank branch by using the giro slip attached to the Invoice
- By calling directly to the Veolia Office at the address on your Invoice. Payment by cheque, cash, credit or laser card will be accepted
- By posting payment to the Veolia Office at the address on your Invoice, making the cheque payable to Veolia Galway City.
- By calling 091 767570 payment will be accepted by credit card.
- Traffic, Transport & Parking
- Environment, Litter & Waste
- Recreation & Leisure
Useful links - Business
- Economic Development Unit
- Budgets & Financials
- Commercial Rates
- Commercial Rates & Landlords
- Green Business
- Local Economic and Community Plan
- Local Property Tax
- Making Payments
- Receiving Payment
- Supplier of Goods/Services
- Property Entry Levy
- Community & Culture
- Your Council
Useful links - Your Council
- Access to Information on Environment
- Register of Electors
- Contact Us
- Council Meetings
- Customer Service
- Ethics and Declaration of Interest
- Mayor of Galway City
- Council Members
- Groups and Committees
- Higher Education Grants
- Freedom of Information
- Management Team
- Town Twinnings
- Report It
- Reuse of Public Sector Information
- FOI Publication Scheme
- Human Resources