Galway County Council and Galway City Council are in the process of developing a Tourism Strategy for Galway and wish to have the input of all concerned within the tourism sector, communities involved in tourism and public agencies who support tourism activities. A new Tourism Strategy will assist the development of the sector over the coming years by ensuring a strategic and collaborative approach among the various stakeholders.
The Issues Paper may be inspected at the following locations during normal opening hours from 18th November 2016 to 16th December 2016 inclusive:
· Galway County Council, Áras an Chontae, Prospect Hill, Galway H91 H6KX;
· Galway City Council, City Hall, College Road, Galway City H91 X4K8; and
· At each Branch Library.
The strategy will be subject to the requirements of the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Directive 2001/42/EC and European Communities (Environmental Assessment of Certain Plans and Programmes) Regulations 2004, S.I. 435 (as amended). It will also be subject to the requirements of the Habitats Directive 92/43/EEC and European Communities (Birds and Natural Habitats) Regulations 2011, S.I. 477 (as amended). These are otherwise known as Strategic Environmental Assessment and Appropriate Assessment.
Three consultation events which include an hour of networking (9am - 2pm) will be held during this consultation phase to obtain feedback. The locations are, as follows:
· Connemara Coast Hotel, Furbo, Co. Galway 30th November, 2016
· Lady Gregory Hotel, Gort, Co. Galway 5th December, 2016
· Salthill Hotel, Promenade, Galway 6th December, 2016
Written submissions or observations may be made from 18th November 2016 to 16th December 2016. They must state the name and address of the person or relevant body or agency making it and be issued to:
- The Planning Office, Áras an Chontae, Prospect Hill, Galway, H91 H6KX; or
- Emailed to email@example.com.
All comments received will inform the preparation of a new Tourism Strategy for Galway.
A/Director of Services,
Planning, Community, Enterprise and Economic Development
18th November, 2016.