Public Notice: Updated - Traffic Management Scheme at Maunsell's Road/Taylor's Hill/Rosary Lane
Traffic Management Scheme at
Maunsell's Road/Taylor's Hill/Rosary Lane
Planning and Development Act 2000-2013
GALWAY CITY COUNCIL HEREBY GIVES NOTICE, under Part 8 (Article 81) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001-2013, of its intention to carry out road and footpath improvement works in the Maunsell's Road/Taylor's Hill/Rosary Lane area. The proposed works include:-
1) Maunsell's Road/Taylor's Hill:-
- Provision of new footpath for 100 metres along the west side of Maunsell's Road from its junction with Taylor's Hill.
- Adjustments to the footpaths at the Taylor's Hill/Maunsell's Road junction.
- Provision of bus shelter at existing bus stop on north side of Taylor's Hill.
- Road widening on Maunsell's Road.
- Boundary wall re-construction (55 metres) on Maunsell's Road.
- Provision of uncontrolled crossing point and speed control table top crossing on Maunsell's Road.
2) Rosary Lane/Taylor's Hill:-
- Provision of vehicle set down area on Rosary Lane (110 metres).
- It is also intended to take down, set back and reconstruct using existing stone, 80 metres of boundary wall forming part of the curtilage of the protected structure (RPS Unique Identity Number 10102). Modern concrete repairs will be replaced with stone to match the original walling. The wall will be reconstructed to original heights and length.
- Provision of uncontrolled crossing on Rosary Lane.
- Road widening on Taylor's Hill from Mount Eaton to Rosary Lane to provide increased footpath widths each side.
- Upgrade of existing and provision of additional controlled pedestrian crossing at Rosary Lane/Taylor's Hill junction.
- Boundary wall reconstruction on Taylor's Hill (80 metres).
Plans and particulars of the proposed development are available for inspection at the offices of the Planning Department, City Hall, College Road, Galway, between the hours of 9 a.m. and 4 p.m., Monday to Friday, from Wednesday, 20th August, 2014, to Wednesday, 1st October, 2014.
Submissions and observations with respect to the proposed development dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development is situated may be made in writing to the Senior Planner, Planning Department, Galway City Council, City Hall, College Road, Galway, not later than 4 p.m. Wednesday, 15th October, 2014.
Signed: W. M. Dunne,
A/ Director of Services, Planning & Transportation,
Galway City Council, Yeats College Annex, College Road, Galway.