What are the conditions of the Cash For Cans Scheme?
The following are the conditions in relation to the presentation of cans for the Cash For Cans Pilot Scheme:
- Cans must be presented in CLEAR BAGS at the Galway City Council Recycling Centre site, Liosbán Industrial Estate, Galway.
- Cans will be accepted at the following times:
Monday - Thursday 2.00 p.m - 4.00 p.m Friday 2.00 p.m - 3.00 p.m Saturday 9.00 am - 1.00 p.m
- Bags must contain 100 cans minimum or 1.5 kg in minimum weight.
- This scheme is only for HOUSEHOLDERS living in the City Area only.
- Cans from commercial sources will not be accepted.
- A receipt for the number of bags presented will be handed to customers at the Recycling Centre.
- The customer must present the receipt to claim the cash amount for the cans at the cash office in Galway City Council offices, at City Hall, College Road, Galway.
- A maximum of 3 bags per person per week will be accepted at the facility.
- €2 per bag will be refunded as and from the 8th August 2012.
Enforcement of Cash For Cans Scheme:
Galway City Council will monitor the operation of this scheme and will from time to time carry out vehicle registration checks as well as request identification from persons presenting cans at the facility.
Community wardens and Galway City Council's environmental enforcement officer will be in attendance at the facility.
Where should I bring the cans?
Cans should be presented at the Galway City Council Recycling Centre, in the Liosbán Industrial Estate.
- Traffic, Transport & Parking
- Environment, Litter & Waste
- Recreation & Leisure
Useful links - Business
- Economic Development Unit
- Budgets & Financials
- Commercial Rates
- Commercial Rates & Landlords
- Green Business
- Local Economic and Community Plan
- Local Property Tax
- Making Payments
- Receiving Payment
- Supplier of Goods/Services
- Property Entry Levy
- Community & Culture
- Your Council
Useful links - Your Council
- Access to Information on Environment
- Register of Electors
- Contact Us
- Council Meetings
- Customer Service
- Ethics and Declaration of Interest
- Mayor of Galway City
- Council Members
- Groups and Committees
- Higher Education Grants
- Freedom of Information
- Management Team
- Town Twinnings
- Report It
- Reuse of Public Sector Information
- FOI Publication Scheme
- Human Resources