ReStart Grant Plus (RGP) Application Form
The Restart Grant Plus is a key part of the government's July Stimulus package, a €7.4bn package of measures designed to stimulate a jobs-led recovery and build economic confidence while continuing to manage the impact of Covid-19. The grant can be used to defray ongoing fixed costs, for replenishing stock and for measures needed to ensure employee and customer safety.
Key changes to the Restart Grant Plus Scheme:
- €300m additional funding in addition to €250m previously committed.
- Grant amount has increased substantially. For first-time applicants under Restart Grant Plus, the minimum grant is €4,000 and the maximum is €25,000. Previous grant amounts were €2,000 and €10,000 respectively.
- Medium sized companies now eligible Companies with up to 250 employees can now apply (previously the grant was for companies with less than 50 employees).
- Increased eligibility- Non-rateable B&Bs, Sports clubs with commercial activities and trading Charity shops in rated premises are now eligible for the grant.
- The hospitality sector, Restaurants, Pubs, Activity centres and Tourist attractions, e.g., Galleries, Museums are eligible if they are operating from a commercial rated premise.
To avail of the Restart Grant Plus, the important criteria are:
- A business must be commercial and in the local authority rates system (apart from non-rateable B&Bs who can apply to Fáilte Ireland); B&Bs in non-rated premises will be eligible to apply for the minimum €4,000 grant from Fáilte Ireland. Applications to Fáilte Ireland, will open over the coming weeks.
- It must have suffered a 25% loss of expected turnover between 1 April and 30 June 2020 and commit to remain open or to reopening and to hiring and sustaining employment.
- It must have less than 250 employees and turnover less than €25m. There is a cap of €100,000 turnover per employee.
- It must declare its intention to re-employ staff in receipt of the Temporary Wage Subsidy Scheme
The Department of Enterprise, Trade and Employment will arrange to carry out spot-checks to ensure compliance with the above criteria – See FAQ 8.
If you satisfy the above criteria, please select Next below to complete the Application Form, all questions must be completed to validate the Application
For Guidance, Frequently Asked Questions have been prepared.
Links to the FAQ document are also available below selected questions for your guidance. Where available, please click on the link to view the relevant section of the FAQ document
The new online Application form is for New Applicants only.
Businesses that received a grant under the initial Restart Grant Scheme do not need to re-apply to receive their additional funding and correspondence will issue from Galway City Council to you within the next week.
Any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org