Galway City Partnership is a local and community development company which aims to tackle disadvantage and social exclusion.
Supports from Galway City Partnership Staff Across Galway City
- My name is Ciara and I am the GCP Community Development Worker based in Westside. I can help direct you to relevant activities in the Westside area including English classes and social activities for both children and adults. I also run the Westside Coffee Morning every Friday 10am-12pm in the Westside Resource Centre where you can come along, enjoy a coffee and find out information. Please feel free to WhatsApp me on 083 0234390.
- My name is Imelda and I am the Community Development Worker based in the Ballybane Community Resource Centre, but covering the East of the city. I can help direct you to relevant activities in Ballybane, Mervue, Renmore, Bohermore and the surrounding areas including English classes and social activities for both children and adults. The adults’ activities include women’s groups, craft groups, sewing machine classes, yoga, cookery classes, but if there is enough interest we can provide other activities. I also run the Ballybane Coffee morning every Thursday 10am-12pm in the Ballybane Community Resource Centre where you can come along, enjoy a coffee, snacks and find out information. We also run an Afterschools Programme in Ballybane for Primary school age children. The Afterschools Programme runs from Monday to Thursday from 3pm to 6pm. Activities include music, art, cookery, roller skating, basketball, soccer and much much more. We have places available in this Programme from Monday 25th April. Please feel free to WhatsApp me on 086 0227821 to find out more.
- Welcome to Galway. My name is Vernice and I am the Community Development Worker based in the Ballinfoile area. I can help direct you to relevant activities in the Ballinfoile, Castlegar and surrounding areas including English classes and social activities for both children and adults. Activities for adults include women’s groups, garden groups, computers, art, music and yoga. I also work closely with organisations supporting young people in the community. I would be delighted to share information with you about the activities available to you and your children in the area.
You can WhatsApp me on 086 8392621 or email me at vernice@gcp.
- My name is Fiona and I am a Community Development Worker that works in a number of areas. Galway City has a number of great community gardens where local communities come together to plant, grow and enjoy the outdoors. Along with other staff I support these gardens so let me know if you want to find out more about where these are and if you want to get involved. I hope to be able to meet you along with other staff whether at a coffee morning or at some other event. Please feel free to WhatsApp or call me on 086 7709919.
- My name is Tahereh and I am the project coordinator for the Bridge Project. The bridge project is coordinated by Galway City Partnership and seeks to promote the effective delivery of reception and integration supports (including advocacy and capacity building interventions) to migrants in Galway City and County. It was three years ago that I chose to call Ireland my home. By virtue of being a migrant, I understand the plight of individuals who are in a similar position and would like to integrate into the Irish society. My team and I in bridge can assist you with various issues which include but are not limited to: providing Information, referrals to University of Sanctuary, accredited training through educational institutions, advocacy, health and wellbeing, employment readiness and diversity training.
Our main goal is to build a bridge between migrants and the Irish society with the hope of creating a Receptive, Integrated and Diverse Galway of Equals. If you feel that you would like us to assist you in your new journey, please feel free to contact me on : 086 043 3376
- My name is Aisling and I am the Healthy Galway City Coordinator. I work with groups and organisations in the city to organise activities and courses that promote good health and wellbeing. Groups can include cookery courses, community events, exercise programmes, and activities to promote relaxation and good mental health. I work with organisations to offer activities for children, adults and older people in areas like Ballybane, Doughiska, Westside, Ballinfoile, Castlegar and Mervue.
I work with Sexual Health West to develop supports and resources to support people living with HIV, AIDS or STIs. I also work with AMACH! LGBT Galway to organise activities to improve the health of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community living in the city.
I am happy to help direct you to health-related activities or information in your area. Please feel free to WhatsApp me on 085 8217547 to find out more
Employment related supports –
- Hi, I’m David. I can provide Labour Market Training (Safe Pass and Manual Handling), support preparing CV’s, and assistance with Interview Skills. I can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or 086 252 5640
- Hi. My name is Donnacha and I help run COMMUNITY EDUCATION COURSES such as Yoga, Cookery, craft classes and many more. I can be reached on email@example.com or 086 142 4904
- Hi. My name is Stephen. I run ENGLISH LANGUAGE CLASSES in Galway city- Beginners, Intermediate and Advanced. I can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org or 086 008 0570.Our main office is located at Level3, The Plaza, Headford Rd (Over Argos) where we can also provide other information, signposting and referrals to other supports and agencies that we may not directly provide ourselves. We also provide help with form filling. Please feel free to call in to us for assistance. We can also be contacted on 091-773466 or email@example.com