The Local Economic and Community Plan (LECP) for Galway 2015-2021 was developed by Galway City Council through the Local Community Development Committee (LCDC) and the Economic Development, Enterprise Support and Culture Strategic Police Committee (SPC), in line with guidelines issued by the Department of Environment, Community and Local Government (Circular LG 1/2015 AL 1/2015).
The Local Economic and Community Plan (LECP) for Galway City complements and is consistent with the Galway City Development Plan.
The Local Economic and Community Plan (LECP) is subject to continuous monitoring and review. Annual action plans, based on the goals and objectives outlined in this plan, will be devised and adopted by Galway City Council.
In February 2020, the Implementation Plan 2020-2021 was agreed and covers the final period of the Galway City (LECP) 2015-2021.
- What is a Local Economic and Community Plan (LECP)?
- Who prepares the LECP?
- What is the Local Community Development Committee (LCDC)?
- What is the Economic Development, Enterprise and Culture Strategic Policy Committee (SPC)?
- What is involved in preparing the LECP?
- Can I view the Socio-Economic Statement for Galway City?
- What high level goals were identified in the Socio Economic Statement?