What is the Long Term Leasing Initiative?
Would you like to lease your property to Galway City Council and be guaranteed an income for 10-25 years?
Galway City Council hereby invites residential property owners to lease their properties to Galway City Council. The council is looking to lease houses and apartments in areas of housing need. Any property will be considered provided it meets or can meet the minimum standards for rental properties and where there is a housing need.
If you wish to lease your property to the council under this scheme please complete form provided in related documents below.
What are the options for property owners interested in leasing?
There are two options for property owners interested in leasing:
- Long term lease arrangements (10-25 years)
- Availability arrangements (1-10 years)
Why let your property to Galway City Council?
- A guaranteed rent even when the property is vacant
- Escape the hassle of collecting rent and finding a new tenant
- No day-to-day maintenance responsibilities under long term lease arrangements
- No requirement to register with the Residential Tenancy Board under long term lease arrangements
- Avoid advertising costs
Long Term Leasing FAQ download
Long Term Leasing Application Form