Nominations are invited from people in Galway City for individuals or organisations for the Mayor’s Awards.
The Mayor’s Awards will again acknowledge outstanding people and organisations that, through their commitment to participating in unpaid community and voluntary activities, have had a significant impact on the quality of life of their communities in Galway City.
Speaking at the launch of the Mayor's Awards, Mayor of Galway City Cllr. Mike Cubbard highlighted the outstanding work volunteers throughout the city do and said that this is an opportunity to highlight this work and that volunteers is what the Mayors Awards is all about.
There are 9 individual Mayor’s Awards:
- Arts, Culture, Heritage & Cúrsaí Gaeilge Award
- Residents & Local Areas Award
- Community Service & Social Inclusion Award
- Older Person Volunteer of the Year Award
- Sports Volunteer of the Year Award
- Children and Youth Support Award
- Young Volunteer of the Year
- Environmental Sustainability Award
- The Galway City Council Volunteer of the Year Award
This year we are encouraging and welcoming online nomination forms to make the nomination process easier. The online nomination form is available on the website at www.galwaycity.ie/MayorsAwardsNomination
More information is available at: Mayors Awards - Brochure .pdf
Each of the Award winners will receive a specially commissioned trophy and a payment of €500. All nominees will be presented with an individually designed Mayoral Certificate at the Awards ceremony which will be held on Tuesday, 21st April 2020 in The Galmont Hotel & Spa, Galway City.
The closing date for nominations is Friday, 6th March 2020 and nomination forms are available from City Hall and the City Libraries.