In accordance with Section 21 of the Housing (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 and Section 6 of the Housing (Traveller Accommodation) Act 1998, Galway City Council has been instructed by the Department of Housing, Planning & Local Government to carry out a Housing Needs Assessment for 2020. The Council have written to applicants currently on the housing waiting list to reassess their eligibility for housing support.
IF YOU FAIL TO RETURN YOUR HOUSING NEEDS ASSESSMENT FORM, YOUR NAME MAY BE REMOVED FROM THE HOUSING WAITING LIST AND YOU WILL LOSE ALL ENTITLEMENTS TO HOUSING.
IF YOU RE-APPLY AT A LATER DATE YOU MAY NOT BE GIVEN CREDIT FOR PREVIOUS TIME SPENT ON THE HOUSING WAITING LIST.
THE FINAL DATE FOR SUBMITTING THE HOUSING NEEDS ASSESSMENT 2020 IS FRIDAY 16TH OCTOBER 2020.
NO FURTHER EXTENSION WILL BE GIVEN AFTER THIS PERIOD
Should you have any queries, or need assistance in completing the Housing Needs Assessment, please contact any of the following:
• Housing Galway City Council, City Hall, College Road, Galway 091 894370 / email@example.com
• COPE Galway Day Centre, Seamus Quirke Road, Newcastle, Galway 091 525259
• COPE Galway Family Services, Calbro House, Tuam Road, Galway, 091-527571
• Galway Simon Community, 18 Tuam Road Centre, Tuam Road, Galway, 091-381828
• Galway Traveller Movement, 1, The Plaza, Headford Road, Galway 091 765390
• Threshold Galway Advice Centre, 5 Prospect Hill, Galway 091 563080
• Galway Migrant Service, 3 The Plaza, Headford Road, Galway 091 773466