Galway City Council Non- Motorised Passenger Transporter Licence 2021
Galway City Council is currently inviting applications for the Horse Drawn Hackney Carriage License for 2021 under Galway City Council‘s Non- Motorised Passenger Transporter Bye- Laws 2015. It is intended to select the successful operator for the 2021 licence on Tuesday 24th of November. The licence for 2021 will expire on 31st December 2021.
Where the number of applications received exceed the space(s) available, which is one in 2021, the successful applicant will be drawn by lot on Tuesday 24th of November at 11:00 am in City Hall. Please note that only one application per household will be accepted for the issue of the 2021 Non- Motorised hackney licence by Galway City Council.
In the event that the successful applicant is unable to comply with all conditions of the application by the 07th of December 2020 the offer will be withdrawn from the applicant and the licence will be awarded to the next applicant drawn from the lot.
If you wish to be considered for the awarding of the Non- Motorised Passenger Transporter Licence for 2021, please complete the application form and submit along with the supporting documentation listed below to: Transportation Department, Galway city Council, city hall, College Road, Galway to reach us no later than the close of business on Friday 13th of November 2020. Applications received after this time will not be considered for the award of the 2020 licence.
List of supporting documentation to accompany completed application
· Completed Application Form for the Grant/ Renewal of a licence to operate a non- motorised passenger transporter.
· 2 x photographs of each driver – passport size
· 2 x photographs of horse – showing (a) face (b) full side view of horse
· Waste plan – Details of the proposed plan in relation to the disposal of waste
· Tax Clearance Certificate/ C2 Certificate – 1 Copy
· Completed Garda Vetting Form – copy attached
Applicants who wish to expedite the Garda clearance process in advance of the draw may make contact with the Human Resource Department, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 091 536423, to arrange a meeting in the Human Resources Department, Galway City Council with the Garda Vetting Liaison Person. You should have the attached Garda Clearance from completed prior to the meeting with the Vetting Liaison Person and also bring a form of ID (preferably a passport or driving licence) so that they can copy same and verify your identification.
The successful applicant will also be required to provide the following documentation prior to the issue of the licence, but no later than Tuesday 07th of December 2020:
· Public Liability Insurance – a copy of cover (indemnity up to €6.5m for any one accident) indemnifying the operator/ driver and Galway City Council in respect of all claims by a Third party ( Employers Liability should not be less than € 13m)
· Certificate from a Veterinary Surgeon showing the satisfactory fitness and appropriateness of the horse to be used.
· Certificate of Road Worthiness for the Carriage
· Certificate showing satisfactory condition of ancillary equipment
The successful applicant will also be required to submit a payment of €100 licence fee for one year or part thereof.
Further enquiries in relation to this may be sent to email@example.com or phone 091 894313 during office hours.