PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT ACTS 2000 (as amended)
Applicant: Galway City Council
Site Address: Castlegar, Headford Road, Galway, Co. Galway
Proposal: Pursuant to the requirements of Section 177AE(4)(a) of the Planning and Development Act 2000 (as amended) notice is hereby given that Galway City Council proposes to seek approval from An Bord Pleanála to carry out the following development at Castlegar, Headford Road, Galway.
Nature of Development: To construct a social housing development of 24 no residential units, comprising
- Provision of a 3.no. storey apartment block comprising –
- 3 no. 1-bedroom units, 14 no. 2-bedroom units, 4 no. 3-bedroom units
- Provision of 3 no. 2-storey, 4-bedroom TAA (Traveller Appropriate Accommodation) units.
- Provision of roof mounted Solar PV panels on proposed apartment block.
- Provision of a foul water pumping station, carparking and bicycle parking, landscaping, children’s play area, multi-use games area, connections to existing services and all ancillary/enabling site development works.
A Natura Impact Statement has been prepared in respect of the proposed development.
An Environmental Impact Assessment Screening Report has been undertaken in respect of the proposed development and concluded that an Environmental Impact Assessment Report is not required. An Bord Pleanála may give approval for the development with or without conditions or may refuse the application for development. Plans and particulars of the proposed development together with the Natura Impact Statement and Environmental Impact Assessment Screening Report will be available for inspection, free of charge, at Galway City Council, City Hall, College Road, H91 X4K8 between the hours of 9:00a.m. and 4:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays) for a period from Tuesday 7th June 2022 to Tuesday 19th July 2022. A copy may be purchased at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy.
For appointments, please contact planning at 091 536599 or by email email@example.com
Submissions and observations with respect to the proposed development, if carried out, relating to:
- The implications of the proposed development for proper planning and sustainable development in the area concerned,
- The likely effects on the environment of the proposed development, and
- The likely significant effects of the proposed development on a European site,
May be made in writing within the period specified above to An Bord Pleanála at the following address:
The Secretary, An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1
Signed: Patricia Philbin
Director of Services for Planning, Housing, Economic Development & Culture
Galway City Council
Dated: 2nd June 2022