Public Notice - Road Traffic Act 1994
Proposed Temporary Cycle Lane/ Traffic Calming Measures on the R336 Seapoint Promenade, R336 Salthill Road Upper and the R336 Knocknacarra Road
Public Notice in Accordance with the Road Traffic Act 1994 (Section 38) as amended by the Public Transport Regulations Act, 2009 (Section 46) Measures to enhance public bus services — traffic calming measures, Galway City Council hereby gives notice of its intention to provide the following temporary cycle lane provisions on the R336 Seapoint Promenade, R336 Salthill Road Upper and R336 Knocknacarra Road.
The proposed development, which is the subject of this Section 38 notice, will be implemented for a period of six months commencing in March 2022 until September 2022 and will include the following:
- The provision of a temporary 2-way (Contraflow) cycle lane on the seaboard side, from the R336 Seapoint Promenade/ L-5138 Grattan Road Junction to the Blackrock Tower*
- The provision of a temporary 1-way (Outbound) cycle lane on the seaboard side, from the Blackrock Tower to the R336 Knocknacarra Road/ R336 Barna Road/ R337 Kingston Road Junction*, and
- Associated temporary traffic management to provide for the proposed temporary cycle lane provisions.
Drawings of the proposed upgrade are available for public inspection from 14th of January 2022 to the 28th of January 2022 (each day excluding weekends and public holidays from 9.00am to 4.00pm.) at Galway City Council, College Road, Galway.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic the Council’s offices are accessible by prior appointment only. Please contact Customer Services on 091 536 400 or email@example.com
Drawings are also available for inspection on the Galway City Council website (please see below from Friday 14th January 2022). Observations and submissions in respect of the proposed upgrade should be made through:
- an online form (see below)
- or in writing, and addressed to Mr. Patrick Greene, Director of Services, Transport, Climate Action & Environment, Recreation & Amenity and Water Services, Galway City Council, City Hall, College Road, Galway
- or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
before 4.00 p.m. on the 28th of January 2022.
Director of Services,
Transport, Climate Action & Environment, Recreation & Amenity and Water Services,
Galway City Council.
*text updated 14.01.2022
Key Plan – Salthill Temporary Cycleway Key Plan
Drawing 1 – Salthill Temporary Cycleway Option 1 Cross section
Drawing 2 – Salthill Temporary Cycleway Option 1 Plans
Drawing 3 – Salthill Temporary Cycleway Option 2 Cross section
Drawing 4 – Salthill Temporary Cycleway Option 2 Plans
Frequently Asked Questions
Download Salthill Temporary Cycleway FAQs
Galway City Council welcomes your observations and suggestions on the proposed Salthill Temporary Cycleway. Submissions can be made as follows:
Online - through an online form available here (<= Click to open)
By post - to Transport, Galway City Council, College Road, Galway
By email - to email@example.com
Please note the deadline for submissions is 4.00pm on Friday 28th January 2022.